Terms and conditions for the First Grader Competition 2021
* The promoter of the competition is Media24.
* The name of the competition is “First Grader 2021”.
* The competition runs from 15 February to 7 March 2021.
* Voting closes on 7 March 2021 at 17:00.
* The winners will be announced in the 1 April 2021 issue of YOU magazine and on you.co.za on 26 March 2021.
* Your child’s first day of Grade 1 must be in January or February 2021.
* You may enter only once. Duplicate entries will be deleted – only the first entry and accompanied votes will be considered.
* You get 10 votes per 24 hours per device. We will verify IP addresses and email addresses and delete votes from bots.
* First, second and third prize draws will be based on votes. Cutest Smile, Best Pose and Voter Winner draws will be done randomly.
* All prize winners will be notified by 15 March 2021.
* Staff of Media24 and the sponsor Ackermans (as well as their families) may not enter the competition.
* The guardian or parent of the child entered must be 18 years old or older to submit an entry into this competition.
* Only the child’s parent or legal guardian may enter and participate in this competition. Media24 reserves the right to request proof that you’re the child’s parent or legal guardian. If you’re unable to provide such proof, you’ll be disqualified from participating in the competition and, in the event you’ve already won a prize, forfeit any prize.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you confirm and give your permission as legal guardian to the following:
(a) All rights, including intellectual property rights and copyright in and to the photos, vest in you and after you’ve uploaded the photos these rights will vest in Media24;
(b) Other than as specified in these terms and conditions, Media24 has no obligation, financial or otherwise, to you with regards to the publication or use of the photos,
(c) The photos and first name of the minor child may be published on YOU’s digital platforms (website, microsite and newsletter), YOU’s social media networks and in YOU magazine, during the entry, voting and winner announcement phases of this competition;
(d) The entry (name of child and the unique ID assigned to your child by us) created on the microsite and photos may be shared on social networks as part of the judging and voting process.
(e) The use and publication of the photos, in accordance with these terms and conditions, won’t violate you and your child’s right to privacy,
(f) The participant may have the opportunity to be featured in our or our supplier’s marketing material, subject to their rights to decline such an invitation.
* Only children starting Grade 1 in January and February 2021 may be entered.
* The final selection of winners will be done by a YOU panel. Media24, sponsors and the YOU panel’s decision on any matter concerning the competition or these terms and conditions is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
* Winners will be informed by telephone and also by email where available.
* Media24 will attempt to contact the winner three times during business hours (9am-5pm). If we can’t get hold of the winner by means of one of the three calls, a new winner will be selected by the YOU panel.
* You understand that by entering your child/children into this competition, your child’s/children’s image and first name will be published on various platforms as per these terms and conditions and you enter this competition, accept and/or use a prize at your and your child’s own risk.
* Media24 and any sponsors take no responsibility for any liability, damage or loss (direct or indirect) that may result from participation in this competition.
* By entering this competition you agree that Media24 and the sponsor may occasionally contact you regarding promotions and other marketing that may be relevant to you, subject to your right to decline such promotions and marketing.
* We and our sponsors reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition or any prizes or any aspect thereof without notice at any time, for any reason. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests or expectations that you may have against Media24 or our sponsors, and acknowledge that you’ll have no recourse against us and our sponsors