Terms and conditions for the First Grader Competition 2019
* The promoter of the competition is Media24
* The name of the competition is “First Grader 2019”
* The competition runs from 9 to 25 January 2019
* Voting closes on 25 January 2019 at 12h00
* Your child’s first day of school must be in January 2019
* You may enter only once
Winners receive the following prizes:
* First prize: R5 000 cash and R2 000 cash for your child’s school
* Second prize: R3 000 cash
* Third prize: R2 000 cash
* PEP Grand Prize winner: R10 000 cash and R6 000 for the winner’s school
* Voter prizes: One of three R500 PEP vouchers for voting
*The voter prize winner draws will take place on 15, 18 and 25 January 2019 so keep voting every week.
* The guardian/parent of the child entered must be 18 years old or older to submit an entry into this competition.
* Staff of Media24 and PEP (as well as their families) may not enter the competition.
* Only the child’s parent or legal guardian may enter and participate in this competition. Media24 reserves the right to request proof that you’re the child’s parent or legal guardian. If you’re unable to provide such proof, you’ll be disqualified from participating in the competition and, in the event you’ve already won a prize, forfeit any prize.
*By accepting these terms and conditions, you confirm and give your permission as legal guardian, to the following:
(a) All rights, including intellectual property rights and copyright in and to the photos, vest in you and after you’ve uploaded the photos these rights will vest in Media24;
(b) Other than as specified in these terms and conditions, Media24 has no obligation, financial or otherwise, to you with regards to the publication or use of the photos,
(c) The photos and first name of the minor child may be published on YOU’s digital platforms (website, microsite and newsletter), YOU’s social media networks and in YOU magazine, during the entry, voting and winner announcement phases of this competition;
(d) The entry (name of child and the unique ID assigned to your child by us) created on the microsite and photos may be shared on social networks as part of the judging and voting process.
(e) The use and publication of the photos, in accordance with these terms and conditions, won’t violate you and your child’s right to privacy,
(f) The participant may have the opportunity to be featured in our or our supplier’s marketing material, subject to their rights to decline such an invitation.
* Only children (boys and girls) aged five to eight may be entered.
* The final selection of winners will be done by a YOU panel and the voting of YOU users will be taken into account but won’t be the determining factor. Media 24, sponsors and the YOU panel’s decision on any matter concerning the competition or these terms and conditions is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
* Winners will be contacted by 28 January 2019.
* Winners will be informed by telephone and also by email where available.
* Media24 will attempt to contact the winner three times during business hours (9am-5pm). If we can’t get hold of the winner by means of one of the three calls, a new winner will be selected by the YOU panel.
* You understand that by entering your child/children into this competition, your child’s/children’s image and first name will be published on various platforms as per these terms and conditions and you enter this competition, accept and/or use a prize at your and your child’s own risk.
* Media24 and any sponsors take no responsibility for any liability, damage or loss (direct or indirect) that may result from participation in this competition.
* By entering this competition you agree that Media24 and the sponsor may occasionally contact you regarding promotions and other marketing that may be relevant to you, subject to your right to decline such promotions and marketing.
* We and our sponsors reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition or any prizes or any aspect thereof without notice at any time, for any reason. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests or expectations that you may have against Media24 or our sponsors, and acknowledge that you’ll have no recourse against us and our sponsors.