* The competition runs from 11 January to 31 January 2017.
* Your child’s first day of school must be in January 2017.
* You may enter only once.
* Staff of Media24 and any sponsors (as well as their families) may not enter the competition.
* Only the child’s legal guardian may enter, and by indicating that you have read the terms and conditions, you give permission for and confirm as legal guardian that:
(a) All rights, including intellectual property rights and copyright, in and to the photos must vest in you and after you’ve uploaded the photos these rights will vest in Media24;
(b) Media24 will have has no obligation, financial or otherwise, to you with regard to the publication or use of the photos,
(c) The photos of the minor child may be published on YOU’s digital platforms (website and news letter), YOU’s social media networks and in YOU magazine;
(d) The entry concerned and photos may be shared on social networks for the judging and voting process.
(e) The use and publication of the photos, in whatever way, will not violate your and your child’s right to privacy,
(f) The photos may be used and shared for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any format at Media24’s sole discretion.
* Only children (boys and girls) aged five to eight may be entered.
* The final selection of winners will be done by a YOU panel and the voting of YOU users will be taken into account but won’t be the determining factor.
* Winners will be informed by telephone and also by email where available.
* We will try three times to contact a winner during normal working hours. If he or she can’t be contacted by means of one of the three calls, a new winner will be selected by the YOU panel.
* Media24 and any sponsors take no responsibility for any damage that may result from participation in this competition.
* If you enter the competition we accept that you’ve given Media24 permission to occasionally contact you regarding promotions and other marketing and that you will give your full cooperation in this regard.